I get PMT. As a teenager being pre-menstrual meant sore breasts and bad headaches. I appear to have largely grown out of such reactions somewhere along the way. Then I went on the pill and avoided periods, PMT and sexual desire altogether. Not actually such a good trade.
Now my sex drive is back and with it the PMT. This time however it involves mood swings, irritability, irrational tearfulness and the dark thoughts that the world would be better off without me.
I can’t express how much I hate these moods that seem to take me over without my consent or control. Once the penny finally drops and I realise that this is what is going on it becomes a little easier to deal with and after all in a week or so all will be well again. Until next month.
In the meantime I want to focus on the things that make me happy:
- Christmas lights lighting up my house.
- Hugs, lots and lots of hugs.
- Perrin bringing me my morning cup of coffee.
- Lying in bed and listening to Mat and Perrin chatting together in the distance as they work together on something.
- The beautiful bathrooms my husband makes for me.
- My boy’s head in my lap when he’s just waking up.
- Singing (when I can just relax and not worry about being overheard).
- Late night cocoa made by my boy, especially the spontaneous, unexpected cup where he’s just guessed (always correctly) that I need some.
- Surprises, adventures and crazy plans.
- Almost everything Perrin cooks (he knows what the rare exceptions are).
- Flowers, especially late night Tesco ones (I approve of bargains).
- Everyone I love together, relaxed and happy.
- My boy kneeling at my feet and looking up at me with love.
- Blogging and having something to say.
- Making lists of things that make me happy.
What are the things that make you happy? Or is it the people that matter?