Answering these questions made me realise how limited my experience of breaking up actually is, but here are my answers anyway.
1. What’s the worst reason you have been given for breaking up?
The worst reason was actually no reason at all. My first serious boyfriend broke up with me and wouldn’t give me any idea why. I hated not knowing what went wrong.
2. What’s the worst reason you gave, to someone, for breaking up?
The worst, for me, was trying to explain that I still loved him, but I also loved someone else, and therefore (as they both insisted) I had to choose. I wish I’d known polyamory even existed in those days, I wouldn’t have felt so weird for not wanting to choose.
3. Have you ever engineered the end of a relationship e.g doing something you know will put the other person off? If yes, what did you do?
No. I’m just not that devious.
4. Have you ever stayed with a partner just because you could not bear to end it?
No, although I’ve stayed too long hoping things would improve. Thankfully, I finally realised they wouldn’t and got out.
5. Have you ever encouraged a friend to end a relationship? What happened? Are you still friends?
I’ve never told anyone directly that they should end a relationship. That’s a decision people have to make for themselves. I might point out where there are problems though.
Bonus: Have you ever been the cause of a relationship to end? Tell us about it.
No I haven’t, and I have no desire to be.